The Choking Incident

Sadie likes to talk while she eats. Which would be fine, if she talked in between bites, but girlfriend likes to talk with her mouth full. One of my biggest pet peeves, but today we’ve learned that it’s also a choking hazard.

Because Sadie choked on a piece of cooked carrot. It was seriously the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced, especially since she couldn’t breath or talk right from the get go. She choked so hard that we actually had to preform the Heimlich on her. Luckily the carrot shot out right away, but I’ve never been so glad that both Sam and I took an infant CPR course when I was pregnant.

Yes, the classes were extremely boring and no, they were not free, but I would like to encourage everyone strongly to take them. Because you never know when your child might need you to know this stuff.

Seriously, do it.

That will be all for today. I’m still trying to calm myself down with tea.

Advertisements
Next Post
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: